On October 27, 2017, Dnipro Medical Institute of Conventional and Alternative Medicine participated in the international online congress "MODERN THEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL ASPECTS OF DEPLOYMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CONVENTIONAL AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY IN PRIMARY CARE SETTING", which was devoted to the 25th anniversary of the Renaissance of complementary medicine in Ukraine and to the 25th anniversary of Kiev Medical University foundation.
This event brought together scholars from Ukraine, Lithuania, Turkey and China. It was held online in three Ukrainian cities: Kyiv, Lviv, and Dnipro. The purpose of the congress was to discuss the implementation of the complementary or alternative (folk and non-traditional) medicine (AM) in the primary health care sector.
The Congress started with the solemn congratulations from Oleksandr Pokanevych, the chairman of the organizing committee and the president of Kyiv Medical University.
The participants of the event presented and discussed about 40 studies on the following key topics:
- The modern aspects of usage of AM, physiotherapy and rehabilitation methods in the primary health care sector in comprehensive preventive therapy and mediehabilitation.
- The means of integrating AM methods into therapeutic schemes and finding the optimal niche for each method. Evidentiary medicine.
- Economic expediency of the methods of folk and non-traditional medicine in the conditions of socio-economic problems in Ukraine. Pharmacoeconomy of phytomeopathic and other methods of AM.
- AM in palliative and hospice care.
- World trends in the integration of traditional medicine into the primary healthcare sector.
- Experience and suggestions on organization of psychotherapeutic and educational psychological groups for AM specialists, doctors of other specialties; preventionccupational burnout syndrome.
- Information hygiene.
Thus, during the congress, the following main sections of traditional and non-traditional medicine were considered:
- Phytotherapy, aromatherapy
- Apitherapy, hirudotherapy
- Ayurveda, traditional detoxification systems, traditional nutrition systems
- Information medicine. Bioresonance therapy
- Massage, manual therapy, osteopathy, cranio-sacral therapy
- Acupuncture, reflexotherapy, Su Jok therapy. Electro-punctural diagnostics
In particular, during the congress, the participants from the side of the Dnipro Medical Institute of Conventional and Alternative Medicine covered the following relevant topics:
- The Problematic Questions Concerning Integration of AM methods in Training of Future Specialists (S.V. Abramov, S.I. Sokolovs’kii)
- The Methods of Traditional Chinese Medicine in a Physician’s Practice (Yu.D. Kotliarov)
- A Managed Stress within the Biological Medicine (L.Ya. Adehova)
- The Features of Teaching Diagnostic Methods of Ancient and Modern Conventional Medicine for Dnipro Medical Institute of Conventional and Alternative Medicine Graduation Course (T.V. Yevtushenko)
- Tibetan Medicine: Ancient Practices and Realities of the Present (Ya.O. Halian)
The Congress Organizing Committee expresses their gratitude to everyone for the support and assistance provided in conducting the scientific congress with international participation «MODERN THEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL ASPECTS OF DEPLOYMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CONVENTIONAL AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY IN PRIMARY CARE SETTING»:
- Bionorica, Germany
- ESPARMA GmbH, Germany
- Pharmaceutical Company «World Medicine»
- FITO–DANIMYR Medical Center
- O.V. Fomin Botanical Garden
- The Institute Of Biology of Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University
- Selena AstroCenter, Kyiv
- Energetika Alternative Medicine Center, Kyiv
- Mykola Yakovchuk Health Center, Kyiv
Dnipro Medical Institute of Conventional and Alternative Medicine also would like to thank all the organizers and participants of the Scientific Congress "MODERN THEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL ASPECTS OF DEPLOYMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CONVENTIONAL AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY IN PRIMARY CARE SETTING" for their significant contribution into the development of Ukrainian medical industry.